There are lots of events to celebrate from our Toronto Brigantine history.
- The letters patent were signed and Toronto Brigantine Incorporated was registered as a charitable organization on May 13, 1962.
- The laying of the Pathfinder Keel, Nov 10, 1962 at Kingston Shipyards.
- The launch of Pathfinder on May 6, 1963
- The Commissioning of Pathfinder by Vincent Massey in July 1964
- Sailing to Expo 1967 in Montreal
- Guest aboard the Nonsuch while on the Great Lakes in Fall 1971.
- The founding of the Deep Sea Awards in 1970.
- Setting up the Summer Base on Waupoos Islnd in 1971 and later its closing in 1977.
- The nomination of the first female watch officer in 1971.
- The laying of the Playfair’s keel Jan 13, 1973.
- The naming of Playfair by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on Jun 27, 1973.
- The first girls programs were started.
- The Commissioning of Playfair by Honorable Dennis R Trimbrell on Jul 24, 1974.
- Participating in Opsail 76 in New York City.
- 1980 was the year of the first coed programs and the first females in the wardroom.
•In 1984, the vessels participated in the Great Lakes Rendezvous tall ships gathering in Toronto.
- Jun 1989 TBI celebrates 25 years and 5,000+ sail trainees at a gala event at Royal Canadian Yacht Club TBI BRIGANTINE GROUP MARKS ANNIVERSARY OF PATHFINDER Whig Standard Jun 1989
- 1995 Pathfinder underwent a major refit with some of her hull plating replaced.
And more to add….