This year, the Summer Sail Program covers all the Great Lakes except Lake Superior and starts from Toronto after school lets out – Jun 27 and will end in time for school start – Sep 5, ending in Goderich.
Click on Link for the Official details and fees for the the Summer Sail Schedule. A summary of the schedule is below.
- Course #1: Booking for group sail training events around Toronto Harbor before and during the Tall Ships Festival event in Toronto, Jun 27 to Jul 2nd – Joining the Redpath Toronto Waterfront Festival.
- Course #2: Toronto to Bay City, Leg 1 of the Tall Ship Challenge 2010, Jul 5 to Jul 16 – Joining the Tall Ship Celebration in Bay City.
- Course #3: Bay City to Parry Sound through North Channel and Georgian Bay, Jul 17 to Jul 29
- Course #4: Parry Sound to Owen Sound through southern Georgian Bay and Bruce Peninsula, Jul 31 to Aug 7
- Course #5: Owen Sound to Tobermory through The North Channel, Aug 8 to Aug 15
- Course #6: Tobermory to Chicago, rejoining the Tall Ship Challenge Fleet, Aug 16 to Aug 25 – Joining Tall Ships Chicago 2010 at Navy Pier.
- Course #7: Chicago to Goderich, Aug 29 to Sep 5
- Course #8: Goderich to Toronto, with a stop in Erie PA for their Tall Ship Erie 2010 Fest (Sept 9 through 11), then back up to Port Colborne to pick up some school kids who will be sailing Sep 14 -16), and then the vessels are due back to Toronto by Sep 17 or 18th. Its an alumni sail.
[Click here for a bunch of pictures from the different ports of calls from previous seasons. The pictures give a great idea of what adventures await the trainees this summer.]
Before and After the summer courses (the Shoulder Season), the vessels are also available for group bookings for afternoon, overnight, weekend or weekend sail training programs for groups of all ages, priority given to youth groups and programming. You may be interested in organizing a Group Sail during the Toronto Waterfront Festival. Check out the flier here: TBI Toronto Waterfront Festival flier
To sign up for any of the Summer Sail Program – or a shoulder season activity – contact the office
- call 416-596-7117
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or click here to download the application form.
Sign up today before all the spots are gone. Happy sailing.